After the final presentations on every section of Integrated Marketing and Sales for Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022, the best two teams for each section are going to be selected.
The best team will have the opportunity to compete at the Northwester Mutual IB Sales competition in Spring 2022. If the first team doesn’t want to compete, the second team will have a chance to compete. If both teams don’t want to compete, then no teams from that section will compete.
The semi-finals and the finals will occur on Friday, April 22, from 3:30 to 7:30 pm with Students, IB Alumni, IB Faculty, College Leadership, IB Advisory Board Member(s), and Senior Sales Executives.
All the teams will receive the final instructions on April 19 of 2022.
- The Sales Plan developed by the teams will be used for the semi-final and final rounds. It will cover the two main learning objectives for this course: (1) Sales Presentations and (2) Sales Creativity scenarios.
- Be advised you may make modifications to your presentations to improve as you see fit. Please ensure your transitioning between slides is on point-it should be the same phrase by each presenter.
Simply Analytics map(s) and/or UCF online library database information always add value.
- At the opening and closing of each presentation, each team is expected to mention “THE ASK.” That is how much money you ask the investors to invest in your company and the percentage of ownership. NOTE: You can ask for up to $100,000.
- You must be prepared to answer the question, how are you going to use this money?
- Fourteen teams will compete during the semi-finals, and four teams will be selected for the finals.
- The IB Alumni will judge the semi-finals, and Senior Sales Executives will judge the finals.
- The judges will act as “Shark-Tank Investors” and judge presentations based on their viability and the need it serves.
- When you arrive at 3:30 pm, your team will be directed to a classroom. You will wait outside the classroom until the moderator lets you know it is your turn.
- The moderator will manage the time, 10 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A. After you finish your presentation, wait in the atrium until 5:15 pm. At that time, the finalists are going to be announced.
- If your team was not selected as a finalist, you have the option to stay for the finals as a guest or leave the event.
- Please be advised the judges’ decision is final. There would be no questions or discussion regarding your team’s performance if your team did not make it to the finals.
3:30-3:45 pm Participants arrive, receive instructions, and are assigned to their classrooms.
3:45-4:00 pm Welcome Judges and Moderators receive instructions and are set to their classrooms.
4:00-5:15 pm Semi-final round (4 rooms, 3-4 teams per room).
5:15-5:30 pm IB Faculty announces the four finalists.
5:30-7:00 pm Final round (4 teams presenting).
7:00-7:15 pm Judge’s meeting
7:15-7:30 pm IB Faculty announces the 4, 3, 2, and 1 place of the competition.
7:30 pm Adjourn event
- Trophies (1, 2, 3, and 4 places)
First place $300 Scholarship for each team member
Second place $200 Scholarship for each team member
Third place $100 Scholarship for each team member
You can see here the results of the first IB Sales Competition in 2021: